Saturday 20 February 2016

Visual Effects for Guerrilla Filmmakers

Lee sent us an email about an online course about Visual Effects and editing on FutureLearn. I was already familiar with this website having completed a course called 'Explore Filmmaking' over the summer last year. It's a great website and I have learnt a lot from it.


I will be updating this each week with more notes and examples.

Week One Notes
  • Special effects- real things like stunts
  • Visual effects- Digital versions. Done to the footage later. 
  • Compositing- layering prints. At least two layers of combined imagery
  • Keying- green/blue screen
  • Tracking- digitally attaching an object to a moving image
I tried my hand at tracking with the footage they supplied and the software called HitFilm 3 Express. It's relatively simple to get the hang of.





No comments:

Post a Comment