Tuesday 16 February 2016

Prosthetics Test 2

Today while we were watching Only Lovers Left Alive (my favourite film every yay but no one else seemed to like it) and Inglorious Bastards (after I could tell everyone hated my film, so Beth changed it), we experimented with the prosthetics.

Janice wanted to try putting a glow stick in the wound and also straws to look like bones. We put a glowstick on my arm and put latex around it and looked pretty cool!


We then put foundation on it which looked good in the daylight but awful in the dark as the glowstick was shining through it. Janice thought it would be a better idea to crack open a glowstick and paint a circle. But we found out that glowstick juice doesn't last long and doesn't look effective. I kept trying to say and persuade her that glowsticks in the wound are not the way to go. She tried to do it on the day of the shoot as well but I told the make up artist otherwise and to just do a gash.

Beth then gave her arm to try something else out. We put scar wax on in a circle and put and ripped latex around it and filled it with gold. Janice then tried to put a glowstick inside but it popped open soon after.


Janice also put straws on mine which to be honest, didn't look good either. It just looked like I had straws stuck to my arm, which I did. Beth's was clearly better with burnt edges too. 


I do prefer our first prosthetic test with the gash and on the day I would want the same but a bit smaller. (but on the day we didn't go with that as the make up artist didn't quite understand what we were after. But what we did get was good and looked gruesome)

What we ended up getting on the day

No comments:

Post a Comment