Thursday 17 March 2016

Make Up

I researched different make up looks for both the witches as I would also be interested in doing make up. I will do a few tests over the weekend, but so far I have a few tutorials to practice.

Me and Jamie thought it would look really good if Lerysa had cracked skin like a doll during the battle scene so I researched this and looks very easy to do but also very creepy. 



For Gartha during the battle scene, I was thinking that she could bleed black blood. Maybe make her eyes, lips and possibly nose bleed. I could also flick some black eyeliner or facepaint on the face- if I dilute it, it should look like blood splatter. 

For everyday looks, I was thinking purple eyeliner with wings for Lerysa, with some powdered blue eye shadow and a pale foundation (one skin tone lighter than normal possibly, but depends what the actress' skin colour is). 

For Gartha I wanted two different everyday looks. One, for the bedroom scenes, would just be black 'cat eye' eyeliner (I have this look everyday so it would come naturally to me) with some black glitter around the outside. Black eye shadow, maybe a hint of purple in the edges of the eye. For scenes when she is trying to impress Lerysa and casting spells in the forest, I wanted something a bit more extravagant. I really like the below tutorial, again looks fairly easy to recreate but is also dramatic and very effective. 



*UPDATE I am not a make up artist. :S I have tried these tutorials today (19th March) and they look very familiar so I will have to try and find some different ones. For Gartha's battle look, I tried the extravagant one I was originally going to use for the spell casting in the forest, I don't know why, it just happened that way.




The smudged lipstick is a nice effect and I'd like to use it. Could do with the black blood splats to make it look more battle worn.




This is Lerysa's cracked skin effect. It just looks like I've drawn it on with black eyeliner (which I have), doesn't look like cracked skin really. I think I have drawn the conclusion to hire a make up artist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment