Tuesday 15 November 2016

Colour Splash Test (Part 2)

I filmed a quick bit of footage today with my new camera to see if I could do the colour effect any better (my low quality camera was an issue while editing so I treated myself and bought a DSLR).

A photo posted by Sarah Joy (@sarahtrix) on

I filmed a shot of a flower which worked fairly straightforward as there was no movement and a defined colour. I followed this tutorial to do the effect on After Effects.

I also chose to do a CU of the lipstick rather than a XCU of the lips. This was probably a mistake as when I was editing, the red of my hair was similar to the red of my lips. Luckily Jamie was on hand to suggest useful tips, such as using the pen tool to pick out the red of the lips but not the hair. But I have to move the pen tool every frame to track the movement. It's time consuming, but it works.


Jamie is doing something similar with the Pink Gym but on Davinci Resolve so I might sit in or look at his notes (with permission) as it would be handy for me too, if there is an easier version. However, I have installed the software on my computer, but it is very slow, so I would have to book out an edit suite to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment