Thursday 12 November 2015

Production Skills #8

Today we looked at editing in more detail. We were split into the same two groups as last week- one went with Lee to edit and one stayed with Mike for a lecture on editing.

We looked at the different editing techniques in our favourite films, with a main focus on Bond. Editing over time in Bond films have changed due to society. Then, editors had to really drag a shot out to show what their goal is and what they are reaching for. Today, we glimpse it and are used to fast paced action. We also looked at how films can be edited in certain ways to become a whole new genre (a bit like Crimson Peak. My review of this can be found here.) 




We then went with Lee to look at the basics of cutting and transitions. Editing last week, I found it hard to get the audio and video to sync up but I now know where I went wrong. Red and yellow tools are also completely different and I can change which ones I want to see on the toolbar on the timeline. The red tool erases anything in its path and the yellow one makes room for the clip.

On the afternoon, we looked at our blogs. Mine is a good start but I need to separate my weekly posts into subjects so it's easier to find a particular subject. We then had a few hours independent study so I organised my blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment