Wednesday 4 November 2015

MM&I - The Cards

History

The first known documented tarot cards were created between 1430 and 1450 in northern Italy when additional cards with allegorical illustrations were added to the common four-suit pack. These new decks were originally called carte da trionfi, triumph cards, and the additional cards known simply as trionfi, which became "trumps" in English. The first literary evidence of the existence of carte da trionfi is a written statement in the court records in Florence, in 1440. The oldest surviving tarot cards are from fifteen fragmented decks painted in the mid 15th century for the Visconti-Sforza family, the rulers of Milan. -Dummett, Michael (1996). A Wicked Pack Of Cards. p. 25. ISBN 9780312162948. By the nineteenth century, many oculists were working with tarot and it was firmly established around the world by the late twentieth century.





That tarot is the most popular form of divination today. Unlike other methods of divination, which usually requires years of practice, anyone can learn to use the tarot after only a few weeks of practice. It is based on choosing cards randomly from a deck of 78 cards and laying them out in various patterns ('spreads'). An interpretation, called a reading, of the cards in the spread gives answers to the questions that have been asked.


Spreads




For my MM&I I will more than likely use the Past, Present and Future three card spread. It's the most simple and widely known spread and focuses on my past, present and future, just like my MM&I with my various flashbacks and flashforwards. 



When shuffling the cards, cards can be reversed, or the wrong way up. The interpretation for these can vary when reversed. I could list all the card meanings but this blog would go on forever!

My Prediction



X - The Wheel of Fortune (reversed)

You are reaching the end of an easy phase in your life and are about to embark on a more testing time. This will help you to build strength of character and you will be pleased by the way you cope with the challenges that are just around the corner.

VII - The Chariot

A struggle will test your character and stamina, requiring great reserves of energy. Nevertheless, the outcome will be positive and you will gain a great deal, both mentally and spiritually, from the experience. A relationship may be undergoing a testing time, in which firm control and steady nerves are needed. Sometimes this card refers to a financial difficulty, with the questioner trying to defend their position, keep their head above water or reclaim what is rightfully theirs. However, all will be well in the end.

IX - Nine of Cups (reversed)

Be careful because something that seems wonderful on the surface will not live up to expectations. Beware of chasing after impossible dreams or trusting someone who is known to be unreliable.

My Interpretation

The past card seems true, with me just leaving college which is relatively easy compared to the work we have to do at Uni and testing my confidence and skills working in a team (A levels were way more independent). Challenges just around the corner is more than likely my MM&I!

The present card again refers to Uni with it testing my confidence and skills working in a team, but the work we put into it will be worth it. The relationship one is slightly wrong as I am no longer in one but the part about control in my last relationship is true. Financial difficulty speaks for itself (Uni and student finance).

The future card links to my MM&I and the verse in the poem about the future ('darkness, lies') which is really spooky. Trusting someone who is unreliable has happened before so that also rings true. The dreams one I have no idea about.


No comments:

Post a Comment