Tuesday 30 January 2018

Wix Website

Professional Practice is about presenting yourself as an industry professional which is extremely important when we leave University. I was unsure which camera route to take, and after looking on Creative Skillset and Mandy.com I aspire to be a Director of Photography who oversees the whole camera department. 

Online presence is a huge breaker while getting a job. Googling my name, it actually comes up with me winning an award from my old college! Also had a quick look at domain names and I can have a .com site if I use my middle name. UPDATE 05.04.18- I have decided not to go with a domain as I can't afford it right now, and my default URL isn't too bad and looks quite professional!

I have tried using the Wix website builder before (two drafts/attempts of a professional website on my account!) but found it quite confusing and couldn't get it quite right. Today, we had a lesson solely on building a Wix website and it was very helpful. We used a tool called ADI and it made everything so much simpler and pretty much made a website for you. 

I have a lot of quick placeholder images at the moment including a few photography pictures. I also need to update my showreel for just camerawork and also add some behind the scenes footage. I also need to work on my contact details and about. 



I have changed my site from a DoP to Cinematographer as I have found that there aren't a lot of jobs advertised as a DoP (more for videographers). 


I have finished my first draft so I can show this to my lecturer (as well as my showreel) for opinions. I have included the showreel to focus on cinematography and in my Portfolio tab on the website, which plays automatically so people feel compelled to scroll down. I have put all my best projects I have been involved with. I think the website is still clear that I am a cinematographer.

UPDATE 04.03.18 - This is what the front page looks like now. It's a lot more professional in the colour scheme and sleek. I can also make my business cards look similar.


No comments:

Post a Comment