Monday 22 January 2018

Set, Props and Make Up

I have put a lot of thought into set dressing from my Minor Project. The most important props in this film being the briefcase and the bowling ball. Even though I put my name down for make up and set dressing, it was all very cooperative. I looked at the scenes to be done the night before to think of possible props to bring or find. I managed to save buying a whole new bottle of whiskey by using an old Jack Daniels bottle and filling it with green tea. I also found some cigarettes from my Visual Culture last year. The co producer bought the cards.

I also thought about placement carefully, such as the coat in the first theatre interview. The shot looked very empty without it and a bit weird having clothes hangers but no clothes on them. I also really liked the stickers on the mirror to make is very seedy. Also moved quite a lot of props in the kitchen scene to make it pleasing but also 'lived in', so we moved the kettle and mug tree in shot rather than an empty bench. 

The owner helped get some empty bottles and drinks for the theatre scene so we could scatter them around the tables. 

The make up involved was mostly de-shiner where necessary. Julie has make up on in the kitchen scene as I thought it would make sense that she's trying to make an effort for him, but he isn't trying for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment