Friday 12 January 2018

Location Recces

Kitchen

For the kitchen, I really wanted one with overhead cupboards going into a living room, so Julie could give her interview there and John to be out of focus in the background messing around in the kitchen. I had Hutton Halls in mind (the one used for the Alice party scene), however it was not ideal and clearly a student accommodation.

The sound/editor suggested his house which was perfect, there's an arch way in a conservatory going into the kitchen. The lighting is great and there's also a dog we can interview (and also warn the actors about incase of allergies). 

 

Theatre

The co director tried getting hold of Red Dreams but got nothing back, so we went to find some seedy looking social clubs today. We came across the Corporation Welfare Club and it was perfect. There's theatre lights but we will be bringing red heads just in case. The owner was also really friendly and is going to set up chairs for us and open early. They also said they usually charge but is offering us it for free for a credit!


 

Self Help Group

For ease, I suggested earlier on in pre-production to have the self help group in the same location as the theatre (since most have rooms to hire out and are separate, like Hartlepool Town Hall). However, our theatre choice does not, and quite clearly looks the same if we use the back bit. We had a quick look at our old base rooms today which are a good option. We know the power supplies are good as we have used them before, and can get permission no problem.



I think the bottom room works best as there's no empty desks around the outside.

Corner Shop

The co producer had a nightmare getting permission to film in Hartlepool corner shops and we even thought of changing it to a vape shop. However, I remembered that I know someone who owns a car showroom, which has a little shop! It's near Middlesbrough too so it's perfect. Afraid I don't have any pictures of this (it was quite last minute but I have been there before and knew it was perfect).

Alley

We went an alley today, and my co producer found some more the past few days (but I have no idea where they are and what they are like for sound, etc). I still haven't made my mind up which ones, so I'm going to go on a recce myself to find the best one. 

This one is near the theatre! Looks good but is near a noisy car wash. We went with this one in the end as it was the quietest (wasn't noisy for too long)

Co producer took this one. No idea where it is. Also don't like all the cars.

Again co producer took this one, looks better. Possible lighting issue, also have no idea where it is. Update: I found this one. Was too dark.

Pub

We know we can get permissions from Wetherspoons easily as we have filmed there before, so this was our first and best choice. We have chosen a booth near the end of the pub so it's quiet (we have also booked it during a quiet time) and people can avoid it.

No comments:

Post a Comment