Wednesday 5 October 2016

Digital Production #5 - Sound Mixer Tech Dem



Today, the lecturer showed us the sound mixer and how to use it. Personally, this is not a role I would be interested in the live production as my hearing is terrible. I still listened intently so I know how to use it and also give my input as a director/producer to the sound mixer. Here's my bullet pointed notes;


  • XLR cables are balanced. 100m and constant levels. 'earthed' - won't be interfered.
  • 12 XLR inputs, 10 mics
  • Top input=headphones
  • Red dial = input gain. Sound of mic.
  • Button = 100hz hum. If hear hum, turn on.
  • Next 4 dials=different frequency. High, mid x2, low.
  • Keep others mid.
  • Yellow= pan. Left ear, right ear. 
  • Mute cuts off track
  • Slider controls levels on board
  • Green light= picking up levels. Red button= peaking. Turn red dial down.
  • Midi box= 2 XLR inputs (Left and Right)
  • Actual headphone input on board is broken. Use adaptor.
  • Red far right dial= headphone volume
  • Turn phantom power button off (next to red and green lights on top right corner)
  • Has a 15ms delay

No comments:

Post a Comment