Sunday 5 November 2017

Wedding Photography

Yesterday I did my first every professional photography gig. I was extremely nervous as I've heard that wedding photography is the worst and I still feel like I'm lacking in the photography field. But hey, they found my facebook page and liked my pictures, so I must have been doing something right. I took a few nice pictures of decorations and the dresses and then accidently formatted the card somehow (no idea how, they were there one minute and gone the next. It's even harder to do as it says "are you sure you want to format it?"). Luckily it wasn't of the ceremony. 

I switched to video for the most important shots as I didn't want to miss them, e.g. the kiss, the first dance. So I will screenshot from them, and maybe make a montage. The rooms were also very dark (I did take a LED light which I used at some moments, but not when taking pictures of the guests as I thought it was too intrusive, as my brief was "casual shots"). So I'm a bit worried about noise, hopefully I'll be able to fix and make them look acceptable in post. It will also be my first time experimenting in photoshop (I shot in RAW so I should have good data to work with). 

I got paid £70 (plus a £10 tip) and possibly some more later when I deliver the finished pictures, which will go towards investing in the business, such as new lenses and business cards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment