Thursday 16 November 2017

Davinci Edit

Today I have been focusing on colour correcting, boosting the audio and replacing the shaky bunny videos with still images, which I have done on Davinci. I didn't want to use a lot of editing software as I don't have time to export each one for the job it's designed to do (and I don't want to loose image quality). I have only used Davinci once before (briefly) for my Visual Culture. I asked Google and Jamie for some of the basics of adding nodes and also how to take a screengrab to match up the colours.

Right click on main image, then take still.

I also had to split my clips up as I imported my whole edit (it didn't like my typography edit for some reason, so I just used the one without, then I will export the After Effects one again) to colour correct each scene. It wasn't hugely time consuming and was a bit of a relief after the huge errors I've had with After Effects. I still need to cut out some of the pauses, but I will probably do that after the presentation, if I have time (got to prioritise!) 

When I was colour correcting the blue shirt/green banana, the colours kind of blended together, so I used parallel nodes to isolate the colours of the blue shirt (and bring out the blue) and the skin colour (and make it more pink). 

Parallel nodes


No comments:

Post a Comment