Friday 16 February 2018

Business Cards/Logo

Today I have been working on my overall colour scheme of my website (which .I have changed about 10 times already) and business cards. I found a business card design I really liked on Vistaprint and filled out my details (blanked for now, don't want my personal info online). I found matching the best colour scheme for your favourite business card design is the best way to go, and changing your website accordingly. Even though it looks blander than before, they match, so people who have my business card know they are on the right website.




I wanted the business card itself to immediately link to cinematography or photography at least, and I really liked the minimalist design. I also wanted it to be clean and easy to read. I'm going to get my lecturer to look at the two and see if the synergy works, then I can order them!

UPDATE 26.02.18 - Yeah so the business card is a little blank and fits in with the rest, and also doesn't fit with the synergy of the site. My lecturer has suggested using the image on the home page with the business card. I am unsure how I feel about this only because I have never seen a business card with someones face on before (unless you're an actor). I can have an experiment with the picture on Vistaprint. If I don't use my face, I just need one that's more eye catching, but the colour scheme of the picture maybe an issue. I'll do a few colour palettes and see if any preset business cards fit.


UPDATE 04.03.18 - Above is the colour palette of my home page picture. Vistaprint only had a few business cards that matches these colours and I hate every single one of them. I do have a small logo at the top of my site, but it just looks out of place no matter what business card I put it on. I did manage to find one card that stands out and relates to cinematography and kind of matches the colour scheme. It's probably the best I'm going to get: I have been working on these for nearly a month. I would say it is synergised and people will know they are in the right place as it clearly says my name and my job on it, and also has a camera on it. I have also changed the font so it is similar to my website.


I have a small logo on my website which is a minimalist camera lens. However this just didn't look right on a business card. I have still kept it on the website as it just looks weird without it for some reason. However my business card does have a lens on it and is synergised.


UPDATE 31.03.18 - Found out that a lot of people have double sided their business cards. I did an experiment to see how mine would look but it wasn't great. Couldn't find the right picture to synergise everything. Business cards usually have a blank side for people to write appointments on anyway so I thought this would be wise.

UPDATE 14.04.18 - Business cards arrived today and the writing is a little smaller than I would have liked. Going to have to live with them! However, I compared them to another professional business card and my writing appears a lot larger than that, which made me feel a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment