Saturday 31 December 2016

Other Influences

I have obviously looked at Sin City and Pleasantville for my Creative Piece, but I have also decided to broaden my horizon and look at paintings and graphics. Here is a blog post of all my findings and relevant pictures.


'Peach Rose Flower Painting' (1887). Georgia O' Keefe.

I decided to include a dying rose in my creative piece, so I looked O'Keefe (being famous at painting pictures). The rose can symbolise a lot of different things, such as sexuality and love. With it dying in my piece, it shows lack of these things. 


'Untitled' (1970). José Gómez Fresquet. 


This piece was made as an antiwar statement, but it can also represent violence against women. I have included influences of this with the colour of red standing out, and using it in my lipstick and blood shots.

'Pintura Habitada (Inhabited Painting)'. Helena Almeida (1975).


This one uses the one colour motif similar to my creative piece. This painting can represent oppression (and possible anger) of women, with the subject scribbling herself out, with the depressing blue colour.










'Micro Chat'. Filwa Nazar (2014).

This piece is more focused on Saudi Arabian women but can also be applied to feminism in general. In this particular piece, women can be described as a 'flightless bird'. It also has the one use of colour (red) which is blood, much like my creative piece. More examples can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment