Wednesday 21 December 2016

Editing Decisions and Quick Draft

I have colour splashed all the clips from the first day of filming that I wanted. Some turned out well;



Needs touching up a bit!



Most... not so well;

Almost there! Just need to touch up that bit of tuft!

What even is thattttttt

Also, Davinci Resolve is VERY slow and constantly buffering on my laptop, so I have decided to only do colour correcting on it, and do the actual edit on a different software (I have used Windows Movie Maker as it's literally the only other think on my laptop that works and it doesn't look too bad.)

I made a quick first draft with all the footage I have at the moment and I need a LOT more shots. Some of the shots are colour splashed, some aren't (I left Stitch alone for now). The blood ones work particularly well. But I want more quick cuts and overlaps for the dream sequence, which I can't do on Movie Maker. Also the cuts of the Jack Skellington lights I might change (mostly because I didn't know which filter I liked better). I will also change the knife and the hand so you can't tell I've put fake blood on the knife haha. I also need a lot more happy shots. Well, looks like the Blackhall filming will be jam packed!

Please note that the video doesn't start until 30 seconds in (I want to put beach shots at the beginning).

No comments:

Post a Comment