Tuesday 6 March 2018

Cover Letter

To add to my personal documents, I have filled out a typical Cover Letter which could be used for any job associated with being a Camera Assistant, it only needs small rejigs like the job title and where I found it from. The one which will be uploaded to the VLE is for a specific job from Sky News based in London. I had every intention of applying until I realised you had to travel the whole country so therefore needed a drivers licence as well as a valid passport; all of which I do not have. Which is a shame. 

In this letter, I have repeated and emphasised responsibilities they have marked as essential from the job post here, such as mentioning using the Sony FS7 (used once during the Wynyard Hall shoot) which they have marked as 'desirable'. I didn't want to go overboard with this, I could have mentioned that I like to challenge conventions which they seem to like (lecturers at my old college used to say this about me) but thought this would be a bit too soon to say. I also could have mentioned interest in main news stories but I think that would have been too gushing? I tried to find the right balance and focused more on the technical roles which is what they emphasise the most in the application.

By doing all of this research and making a high quality cover letter, I have hit LO2 which is to enhance my individual practice as it could lead to potential employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment