Friday 16 March 2018

CV

Currently focusing on formatting my CV to send to employers as well as the Edinburgh Film Festival 'The Network' (will discuss this in another post). I focused on this website on how to write a CV that is relevant to jobs in the industry. I was in two minds whether to put my experience or skills first. It is suggested and more typical to put skills first, however my experience is impressive and it might grab people's attention if I put BFI and BAFTA first. Having said this, I have decided to keep it typical and put skills first; my experience is still on the first page and is eye catching.

Researching into this (websites such as BBC and Prospects, hitting LO1), CV's are usually only a page long. For creating my CV I used this website as a reference as it seems very professional. But mine is one and a third. The first page is my skills and experience. The second page is mostly a quick bio and my education and can be seen as optional. I have included that I am RTS awards nominated and also have social media experience in my bio. I have also put a link to my showreel at the top of my CV.

I have not included a picture as it is not typical of a CV. I added a splash of blue and some bold letters to the CV to make it a bit different and highlight key words. I also found that referees are usually included in a CV so I just put that they were available on request. Most, if not all, of my CV is based on independent research.

By doing all of this research and making a high quality and well researched CV, I have hit LO2 which is to enhance my individual practice as it could lead to potential employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment