Monday 23 October 2017

Theories

Colour Theory

One of the principles I will be looking at is colour, so it makes sense to look into colour theory and the meanings behind the colours, and why. The example I am using in my film is someone wearing a blue top, eating a green banana. According to the colour wheel (and this source), they are contrasting colours and should make the viewer uncomfortable and add drama to the scene. However, in the video and in practise, this is not the case. 


http://educationresources.serif.com/cambridgenationals/creating_digital_images/1_specify_image_solution/part1-10.html

Semiotics

Semiotics is the study of signs and symbols and how meaning is created through them*, coined by Barthes. This theory is a huge part of filmmaking and especially in my minor as I am basing it on props. What the props inferred meanings are also have a bearing on narrative and how they look on screen. The main example I will use in my project to show this is the prop of the doll and the bunny. In different framing and lights, I can show it as either good or evil, and flip viewers expectations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment