Thursday 26 October 2017

List of Props

This post will cover what props I will be filming and which principle of mise-en-scene it will link to, and how it can give an emotional response. Some of the props might be a bit big to bring to the film studio, so I might not take these.

  • Dominance: Suitcase. Guide audience to it through angles and meaning behind them
  • Lighting: Pink bunny toy (hairy). Looks innocent at first but with chiaroscuro lighting it's horrifying
  • Type of shot: Telephone and person. Look at depth of field and lenses, to shift perceptions.
  • Colour: Blue top/green banana, red top/red apple. Colour theory. "Blue and green should never be seen" but actually looks okay in practice. 
  • Character placement: Doll. Again make it look scary, but this one is just plain scary. Look at framing here and importance. 
I will also update my Moodle drive with lighting and detailed plans before I film next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment