Friday 5 May 2017

Tag - What Have I Learnt?

Even though Tag did get a self contained scene filmed (with a few minor issues), pre production for the whole film itself failed due to a number of reasons which I will discuss in this post and will be as self-critical as possible;

1) Communication. Probably the biggest issue we had. I have no idea why, probably due to this film being our 'secondary roles', we may have lost a bit of enthusiasm for Tag. To be honest, I did, I was getting very tired of actors and locations dropping out (it's never been this bad before). 

2) Drop outs. A LOT of locations and actors dropped out or had issues (e.g. going into surgery and loosing both arms (worst continuity error ever)) The Grand Hotel take paid bookings up to the day before which resulted in a lot of cancelled shoots. So we decided to do the self contained scenes with few but reliable actors and with an easily replaceable location.

3) Indecisiveness. A lot of the time, for actors and locations, the director did not get back to me and did not like a lot of the suggestions. For Oren's apartment, there was 3 places in mind. The first dropped out, and the other two were not good enough so the director cancelled the shoot. I could have took initiative and filmed anyway, but I did not want to take over job roles. 

4) Organisation? Some people may say it failed due to poor organisation, but like I said, I had multiple backups for each location. I also have lots of paperwork on the VLE as proof of all the work I did. I am usually quite organised, but I do get stressed easily (this module was no exception). I even said I didn't want to produce ever again after Bad Luck, but I still gave it my all and ended up doing more for Tag than Circus. 

5) It was still alright on the night and we filmed! The atmosphere on set was great and it was a fun day of filming. I am glad we have still managed to finish something, and we could come back to it next year as a Final Major.

No comments:

Post a Comment