Sunday 28 May 2017

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - Review

My ticket got damaged from a rough ticket person

Today I went to see the new (and last) Pirates film. I only went to the 2D one as my Mam also wanted to see it and the only 3D one was very late at night. I still really enjoyed the 2D and was a stunning film. It was also nice to see the cinema pretty full (the £5 tickets must be doing the trick), even if the family behind us talked all the way through and thinking Will Turner is Jack Sparrow.

Anyways, the film had some really enjoyable moments. My personal favourite scene was the bank robbery when they intended to take a safe but ended up taking the whole bank. It was funny and oh how I've missed the infamous soundtrack. 

http://imgur.com/r/MovieStunts/HtY2rSP

However, most of the comedy moments were Jack falling flat on his face, which, don't get me wrong, were funny, but a bit repetitive. There were a few jokes I could appreciate such as pirates having "heavy balls", "she breeds donkeys" and also this scene, but it didn't make me laugh out loud. 

http://johnnydeppskank.tumblr.com/

There were a few moments that I disliked or just ruined it for me (apart from *that* death, no spoilers). I don't really like the new cast and were not likeable nor had particularly strong backstories. However I do like the idea of a woman of science being labelled as a witch. I couldn't really feel any sympathy towards them. I also found it annoying how dead Salazar suddenly grew hair??? And also the weird motion of it which just constantly drew my eyes to it and ignoring everything else in the scene (I do understand why it has that motion, but it was still distracting). I also couldn't understand a word he was saying with his heavy accent and I was praying someone else would repeat it or it would become clear in the plot (it did). 

https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/pirate-ghosts

People have been saying the plot was hard to follow, however I found it very easy to follow, even a bit basic. They conveniently solved the riddle very fast, etc, etc. (maybe they found it hard to follow because of Salazar's accent). 

Overall, an okay film. Better than Pirates 4. The ending was left open so I doubt it will be the last one. I also liked Will and Elizabeth's appearances. 

5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment