Tuesday 26 January 2016

Maxy Bianco - Whitby

Diane and Mike sorted out some work experience for me today (yay much better than Visual Culture). I later found out it was due to how I "handled myself in Digital Production" so I must have did well in the module haha. 

Maxy, a film maker currently filming for documentaries for channel 4, was after a level 4 and 5 to help out and get experience from filming in Whitby. On the journey there and back, he was telling us about different projects he has been on. One really struck my attention which was about Hastings and about Alistair Crowley. I was aware of the legend already being a supernatural nerd, and the film he did sounded fab. I would like to see it one day.

We were supposed to film Monday as well as Tuesday to film a kipper man and a jet jeweller, but the kipper man wasn't open on Monday so we just went on the Tuesday. The jet lady then cancelled with us on the day which was typical, so we ended up just filming the kipper man.

Maxy then gave us a quick lesson in his cameras and lenses. He wanted him to film a shot of the overarching action of the shot (a wide) and me to get close ups of hands and specific actions. I used a camera that he was currently selling with a bid on eBay so I was extra cautious. 

I struggled using the lenses at first having never used different types and deciding which ones to us. I also kept getting confused since I couldn't zoom on the camera. Constantly having to adjust the focus and aperture on the lens was also a pain but I like to think I got the hang of it in the end. 

We then got a few quick shots of some workmen filling in the pavement. They were a good laugh and were very cooperative, trying to impress me, saying to their colleagues that there was a "lady present" and having to give their "best pose". 

We then wanted to sit down for a coffee and decide what to do next, however we couldn't find a cafe anywhere that was open! So we ended up having lunch on a bench (Maxy owns a deli in Hartlepool so we got free sandwiches which is always good news) and then going back. I also managed to catch the rest of Professional Studies (I am a swot). 

No comments:

Post a Comment