Saturday 14 April 2018

Photoshop Practice

Enhancing some of my photoshop skills by fixing old photographs. Also did a leaflet design as a small job from my brother which I am quite proud of. I had to change the date on an existing poster with the same font and colours. Quite straightforwards, I used a website called Fontspring which came up with loads of similar fonts so I downloaded a few. Also used a simple colour picker. Came out with this.


Left is the original, right is mine

I also started experimenting with repairing and recolouring old photographs. I found one in an album which was discoloured from being in a frame and had a stripe of original colour on it. First, I had to repair the stripe so I used the 'stamp' tool and picked a colour and essentially coloured it in. 


After that, I used the Photoshop 'auto colour' tool which brought it back to its original colour. I tried to recolour black and white photos but this was very time consuming (the auto colour tool didn't work as there was no colour information whatsoever). I might come back to this later. But now at least I can say I can repair old and discoloured photos!


My friend sent me one of his very damaged pictures so I experimented on one and it turned out very well. I might start this up as a business on Fiverr.


Mostly just used the stamp tool for this one, I used content aware for some of the bigger bits. It was quite time consuming hence why I should start it as a business, so I can put more effort into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment