Tuesday 14 March 2017

Puppet Filming!

Also today, we had two people and eight puppets from Prague Marionettes pop by to help us get some pretty cutaway shots for the Circus film. It all ran very smoothly, filming four of the puppets in different backdrops and scenarios. The director knew exactly what she wanted, and I helped camera wise for what looked the best, e.g. black trousers instead of colourful clown ones as it detracted from the puppets on camera. I ended up just using the slider on the floor so I could get down with the puppets and the tripod didn't go down very far. It was hard to control on the cobbles but I like to think I did well considering. For the shot with the two puppets, I decided to just do it stationary as the slider was too bumpy and it was hard not to get any legs in while sliding. The director was fine with it, and thinks it looks just as good.


Overall today was a very good shoot and was lots of fun to film. Looking back at the footage we have some really nice shots. I kind have wished we got more, but we ran out of backdrops (we had to use ones that the actors wouldn't use for continuity; we could only get the puppets this week).

We also got a very sweet message from the Prague Marionettes saying how much they enjoyed themselves. And the film now have a Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment