Thursday 8 September 2016

Dissertation Ideas

Might be a bit early to be thinking of dissertation, but I want to get a head start and just have a post up so I can jot ideas down.

Vampire Films

I've already done something similar for my A Level Film coursework and (kinda) my Visual Culture journal in level 4, but it's what I love, passionate about and can rant for hours about. But what exactly about vampire films? I'm interested in cinematography so I could talk about the visual look of different vampire films (maybe spread it out a bit and say horror films), but I feel I can only talk so much about that. I feel more confident talking about the context of vampire films. I can research it more in depth at this level. I could link to different theories like the male/female gaze, context, apotheosis/religion, etc.

Fandom

Does fandom sell a film and spread the word? Why do people cosplay? I can talk for a while about this topic too being a member of loads of different fandoms and it will be interesting to find out if fandom saved a film with word of mouth. I can also talk about cosplay, comic cons, and social media. I could talk about theories like hyper-reality, and also link it to context, whether this is a new thing, or if it's been around for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment