Tuesday 8 December 2015

Professional Studies - Pecha Kucha

Today I pitched my Professional Studies Report idea using a Pecha Kucha layout (10 slides x 20 seconds each (a traditional one is 20x20 but Mike simplified it as it's just an idea)). 

http://dorkery.tumblr.com/post/21408613316/horrible-histories-gifs-song-dance-part-1

Turns out you were supposed to put statistics and facts on the presentation (I thought it was just a pitch of your basic idea) but I can easily find some in my actual report. 

I will also upload my basic notes/prompts I used for the presentation below.


Professional Studies Report - Remakes from LokiDoki9

Slide 1- Why remake classic films? Revenue? What is their appeal?
Slide 2- Upcoming remakes. Do they need a remake?
Slide 3- Why remake movies? Changing norms? Technology? Keep up with times.
Slide 4- 'original was better than the remake'. Classics for a reason. Should not be remade.
Slide 5- Not always the case. Some remakes are better. Why?
Slide 6- Could link to TV shows becoming films. Why? Mostly kids. Why?
Slide 7- Briefly link to books becoming films. Why? Books better than the film?
Slide 8- Questionnaires. Easy to complete. Something people are enthusiastic about. Status on Facebook with over 30 comments. 
Slide 9- Personal feelings. Should not remake AWIN!!
Slide 10- Conclusion. Why remake classics? Should it be done? Consensus= no. Good for the industry? Good box office. Will see remake if enjoyed original. Lack of imagination? Will we run out of ideas?

I was told by Mike not to include my personal feelings in a report so I will miss that bit out in the actual report. My timings were also a bit out with the slides (even though I rehearsed it) but it went well and got the thumbs up with the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment