Sunday 13 May 2018

MNIJ - Marketing and Festivals

For marketing My Name is John, I'm creating a Facebook page. John Archer is quite famous so will acquire quite a few likes. I'm also a member of a few fanpages I can post the page on. I'm also savvy in Twitter and Instagram so will probably make accounts on these too. Obviously the film is already made, but I could still make a fund raising page for festivals and post updates from them.

I have got the script and the film lined up to submit into festivals and made a quick list on FilmFreeway of ones that have drawn my attention (9 on the list at the moment and script submitted to 1 festival (East Anglican Film Festival)). I have mostly been looking at comedy and student film festivals. These ones looked particularly interesting;

The Charlie Chaplin Comedy Film Festival (https://filmfreeway.com/TheCharlieChaplinComedyFilmFestival)

Submissions: June 1st [free]
Location: Ireland
Specifications: Up to 30 minutes. Two categories we are eligible for.
Awards: Award for each of the 4 categories
Festival Date: August 23rd-26th

London-Worldwide Comedy Short Film Festival (https://filmfreeway.com/WorldwideComedyShortFilmFestival-London)

Submissions: May 21st ($8 Student or UK Comedy Award)
Location: London
Specifications: 2-10 minutes
Awards: Awards for 14 categories 
Festival Date: September 21st

No comments:

Post a Comment