Tuesday 8 May 2018

MNIJ - Edit Supervision

My Name is John has been in post production for a while now. We finished filming late January/early February and it's been lying around since which is a shame; one of the reasons we filmed early was to get it all done and edited and not to worry about it since. At the moment, there are a few fine tweaks to do before deadline (I am panicking a bit as this could have been sorted weeks ago).

Anyways, this post is covering edit decisions and working with the editor. Most of the script is quite self explanatory but I brief the editor as much as I can. They let me watch something when they want opinions and we discuss. Sometimes online or in production meetings, I jot down good points and send them in the group chat for the editor to have an experiment with. It's coming along so far and they understand the feel of the film well such as choosing music that fits. There are a few things at the moment that are essential but small before exporting; adding an ouch when the ball falls on the interviewers foot, apostrophes in the name tags and the cast/crew credits. 

Update 11.05.18: Officially exported and done! Got a small inhale when the ball hits the interviewers foot and it makes the world a difference so I'm glad I kept pestering for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment