Wednesday 23 May 2018

AJ Productions

Took on a last minute camera operating job/experience yesterday for a Panto video. I arrived in plenty of good time so I could meet everyone and set up. However, on the morning I was told that they were bringing their own camera operator. So I was demoted to runner and general helping out. Set up all the lights and camera in good time for the tech/sound guy and camera guy to turn up. 


Lee quickly showed me the settings on these lights to keep it one colour
I'm still not entirely sure what each one does but I got a warm tinge on them to stay

The tech guy wanted to put up photography lights for close up lighting. I struggled here as I have never used or put up any photography lights before but he was happy to show me how and we got it done very quickly. It was a bit like putting up a tent.



Everyone started to filter in that point and it went quite smoothly; the script was just stolen Tim Vine jokes! From here I was mostly handing the camera operator lenses and showed him how to get different settings up. 

Probably the best photo of the day!

They also got a quick 'Q and A' video in the Celestial Encounters set. Norman walked in at this point who was very keen and wanted pictures of them using the set (hope he doesn't mind they drank the fake rum!)


I was mostly eating biscuits at this point and being canned laughter. Next the cast did a photoshoot and the crew went home. I started moving equipment and backing up footage so they could grab it next time they're down (they didn't have anything to store it on!) 

Overall, a good shoot. Was done in good time and quite well organised! I also gave out a few business cards if they ever wanted me again for any projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment