Monday 18 September 2017

My Weaknesses

I've been looking at my previous feedback for my essays so I know how to improve and act upon it. I'm usually good with applying knowledge and understanding a topic, so I should keep going with that.

One thing I need to improve is structure. My thoughts are often spontaneous and it shows in my essays. I have tried to keep my dissertation structure more solid by putting it chronological order. I feel like I keep jumping from point to point in my dissertation at the moment, so I'm constantly going back to see if I can keep is chronological and what way is best to format it to keep it this way. It's still a bit jumpy for now as it's mostly just a very detailed plan (I didn't want to do any more as I was worried I was doing it completely wrong, see previous blog post). 

I have struggled with analysing before, but I went a bit overboard in my Visual Culture last year, so I have tried not to do this again. Looking back at this essay as well (and most of my evaluations), I need to look at my conclusions. Most of them are not solid and have a definate answer (I doubt it will again this year), I think I would benefit a lecture focused on how to layout a conclusion and what to put in it. Do I analyse in my conclusion? When is it too much? At the moment, I've just done it in chapter 2. I will probably do less questioning and more statements in my conclusion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment