Thursday 10 August 2017

Survey - Initial Thoughts

At the moment, my survey has 184 responses (I did have more, but 4 have been lost in the ether as Surveymonkey wants me to pay to view them, and I have deleted some others). Some are more useful than others. Some are completely useless (people just filling them out with full stops just to say they did it, which I have deleted as they serve no purpose in my findings and are clear anomalies). Of course, there are also a few just "yes" answers despite being asked to explain fully on the survey. However, most of them are usable as statistics, and some have some good points I can further research. And some made me laugh out loud (can I have outtakes for a dissertation?). A few honourable mentions: 


I think over the years it has. With TV shows targeting teens. It's gone from been something dark, inhuman and intriguing to people with perfect skin and hair that can merge in with society (punctuation would be good here)

"There's a little man in his hair"
http://imgur.com/7BVuacm


Yes I do. Fright night (recent release) there were fears of people breaking into houses 


And one person who constantly spelt Dracula as "Dracular"

I did have a few quotable and usable respondents I can include in my Dissertation. I am also currently typing up a summary of the questionnaires so I don't have to keep looking back at the survey and just look at one table. I am also making an infographic to see if there's any correlation between age and how they find the image of the vampire.

Another thing that was brought up in the survey was the Dark Universe franchise (pretty much Universal's take on Marvel Cinematic Universe) which s basically loads of horror films that connect with each other. The start of this was the remake of The Mummy (a great start...) But it's something to look into for the future of vampire films. 

I've also noticed that only a select few people have mentioned female vampires in their answers. Most people say that they are the 'bad boy' but failed to mention women. Why? Do female vampires not sell? Why aren't they as well known? It's something to look into.

No comments:

Post a Comment