Tuesday 21 June 2016

Blackmagic Test

Today I went in (Liam fell ill) to get a better hang of the Blackmagic camera. Lee also suggested trying it with the slider, having it overexposed and try the RAW format. I tried with the slider first which took a while to get the hang of due to it's weight. I could only slide it so far until the slider fell down, and I also had to constantly focus it. It's not ideal, but what I managed to achieve looked good.


A photo posted by Sarah Joy (@sarahtrix) on

I then went outside to try overexposing the shots. Met a few train spotters on my adventure who thought I was a train spotter too. I only brought the monopod with me so some of the shots are a bit shaky. I tried stabilising them in Resolve but it made the framing weird. So I left it be. I added a bit of colour grading to the slider (the first shot) but left the other footage untampered with (I wasn't adventurous/confident enough with the software to go adventurous while editing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment